Monday, October 10, 2005

Getting Around To It

A week ago Teri posted this via Dana:

Leave your name and...
1. I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4. I'll try to say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5. I'll tell you my first/clearest memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your blog.

And kindly made one up for me:

1. You have the same name as a Roman Goddess
2. Holy Grail (you know the one). Llamas!
3. Jell-O Brand Chocolate Pudding
4. A desert consisting of spaghetti sauce, green onions, peas, salad dressing and some ginger snap cookies all with chocolate sauce poured liberally over the top.
5. Stumbling onto your blog from God-knows-where and thinking "Hey, this is GOOD!"
6. Gazelle
7. Which blogs did you read before you started blogging?
8. Your turn

Which lead to my response:

1. You know, I've always loved that.
2. Tcha! Naturally.
3. Instant, not the cooked, I hope.
4. Snicker. And HE ATE IT!
5. Stumbling fits.
6. Aw, that's nice. I'll take it.
7. It all started with me being pregnant and reading the diaries on iparenting, including Julia S and Linda, they then created their blogs (Here Be Hippogriffs and Indigo Girl, links in my blogroll), which lead to the rest.
8. Okey, Dokey.

There, I've posted it and should anyone desire, I will be happy to reciprocate. I liked this one because it was personal and interactive and who hasn't wanted to know what animal they remind someone of, or which Jell-O flavor they are visualized being wrestled in.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

Me me me! Yay! I'm so excited you posted this.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Dana, here you go:

1. You are the Queen of the Universe (obvious) and you don't mind being photographed with a cat toy on your head.

2. "It's The End Of The World As We Know It And I Feel Fine" (R.E.M.) I can't not sing and dance along with this song. It is optimistic, has you laughing as you try to get all the words out, and always makes me feel better. Effexor in a song.

3. 1-2-3 Jell-O, Orange flavored. It is most flamboyant and has layers.

4. I live vicariously through you.

5. You and the lovely Beth actually hopped a plane and journeyed to see Johnny in Portugal. You DID the dream!

6. An otter. Otters are happy, silly, and always make others laugh, plus, they are up for anything.

7. OK, I know WHY karaoke, but when did you first do it and who was with you. Also, was a dare involved?

8. You already did it, you started it in our little circle, trendsetter, you.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

oh! oh! oh! Do me! Do me!
(Boy, in the wrong crowd that could really be taken the wrong way, couldn't it? I should learn to watch what I say.)

5:26 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I like you. You are so very cool.
This was great.

Karaoke. Hmm. It actually came up once because Matt said he was going and Beth and I went and it was okay. And then we went to another place and we met Bryan and we were hooked from song 1. The man can sing. And then we became friends with him and Liz and James and that was the best thing ever. No. There was no dare. I love singing. It reminds me of acting.

Teri, you so crack me up.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Teri- A "do" for you:

1. You "loves your coffee" (obvious) but you are one of the hardest working people I have come across. You continue to amaze me with how you juggle all this. (In anticipation of your response: Shut up and take the compliment, dammit.)

2. Actually, "Breathe" from Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon:
"Look around and choose your own ground/For long you'll live and high you'll fly/and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry/And all you touch and all you'll see/is all your life will ever be."

3. Well, as we are Evil Twins, I have to go with chocolate but one-up it with "chocolate fudge".

4. Waving at you from the courthouse, with my pinky.

5. You left a comment, which lead me to your blog, which I read in its entirety, which left me thinking "Hey! Here is someone who not only is funny and WAY too similar but lives in my own little bit of the world. Plus, one of her kids has the same nickname as one of mine. Quick! This is a job for Blogroll!"

6. Hard. You defy cariacture. Maybe a fox (female: vixen) as you are smart, caring for your kits, industrious, adaptive. A vixen with a Roy Orbison 'do? There's a picture. I have always been fond of foxes.

7. If you had 24 hours of time for just you and a reasonable budget (not millions, but a few hundred) what would you do?

8. Again, already done.

Dana- It is late but I'd love for you to "do me", too.

8:52 AM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

You are done. I posted it on my site.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Q: If you had 24 hours of time for just you and a reasonable budget (not millions, but a few hundred) what would you do?

A: Massage, hair, pedicure, dinner at a good Thai/Indian/Mexican restaurant, maybe a concert, sleep until I wake up naturally. I'm kind of greedily hedonistic when it comes to "me time."

5:16 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Teri- Lovely. Just lovely.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home