Weirdos and Freaks
1) I can't go a morning without showering. Well, I can, I mean I won't literally die, I just start to feel that I am absolutely crawling with mites, fleas, and those hairy centipedes, if I am up more than an hour or so without lathering up. I do not backpack. Ever. Well, I did once and we can just say how very much I love Charles to have agreed to it. Even if I'm really, really sick, I somehow manage to stagger to the shower.
2) I have a horrible memory for things like movies and books that I've read. This includes mystery books. I have a library of them and can read them over and over and still get to figure out who done it.
3) I have a ridiculous time asking for help because I don't want to bother or inconvenience someone. It is a sign of how much I trust someone to ask for real assistance, like a ride somewhere. Charles and my parents are pretty much the only ones in the world that I'd ask to help me out in a real pinch. And I hate to do that. Even 'little help' is tough. Ask the nurses. They usually have to lie in wait to go in to assist me with a procedure, like draining an abscess.
4) I really, REALLY hate talking on the phone. I also do small talk extremely poorly. As a result, I find myself saying complete boners. Very often. Please bear this in mind should we meet. It goes without saying that I'm quite the introvert and, shall we say, rather the social phobic?
5) I am completely bug phobic but can't bring myself to kill them. Unless they are of the blood sucking variety, of course. All others must be captured and released OR fearless Charles must deal with them. If necessary and Charles is not available, they are imprisoned under an upturned cup and await his arrival. Sadly, Charles has no problem dispatching the horrid creepy-crawlies as they cling to the walls. As a result there can be found bits of smeary bug guts, often with a spare leg, here and there on the walls. It takes a stiff drink for me to go and, erm, remove the evidence, armed with spray and paper towels.
6) I took Jimmy Carter's energy conservation to heart and seem to spend huge amounts of time turning off lights. Yes, we can afford the extra lights on, but I have a hard time wasting the energy of a light bulb.
7) As I've said over and over, there is a right way to load a dishwasher, dammit!
8) I count. Everything. Steps to walk to the other room. Tiles in the hall. Seconds it takes to empty my bladder. Stairs in my house. The last one is odd as I often count the wrong # of steps. There are 14. Yet it's kind of common to come up with #13 or #15. Either the stairs are fluid in their reality or I am a rather shitty counter.
Labels: I Am A Sheep (Memes)