Friday, June 03, 2005

Well!

Actually, not well, no.

Colin decided to not have the stomach flu, but to just jump to the punchline and develop appendicitis.

He came through surgery fine and dandy. Charles is spending tonight with him, as I was there all night and day. I will share the gorey details further in the future and you can help me interpret the meaning of one of the stickers he was given.

Until then, I have neither slept nor bathed in 36 hours (You can smell me from there, can't you?) and am off to do both as soon as I throw in the last load of puked-on bedding.

I think I also deserve a beer, or a nice glass of red wine. I am still revving on adrenaline.

More when I am coherent and free.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! What an overachiever. Glad he's doing well.

Linda
http://indigogirl.typepad.com

10:02 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh, yikes. Poor kid. Poor you. I am glad he is okay.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Lioness said...

Stupid, stupid Blogger!

Bloody hell, Murphy working overtime! The poor thing, and poor you. I hope he recovers fast, I'm so happy that the surgery went well. He'll have a story to tell now.

Bathing is overrated. When you finally manage to get Charles unconscious and on a plane and come visit, I'll take you to some places in Portieland where you'll see I speaks the truth.

Update on cub when you can. Much love.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very glad to hear Colin is doing well. Not an easy time!

P&P sent me the link to your Piffle. Nice title. Kept me very amused in Bagram.

I'll keep a few pints warm should you realize that your next vacation needs to be a nice trip to Merry Old!

Zoomie

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems to me that the location and timing of the appendicitis was all wrong. Where was the snow-bound cabin, insane murderer and all those nasty aliens? And a trained collie dog must do the actual surgery with a clean, but dull, can opener.

[Before all you Piffle-heads go after my head, her Dad did all the right things in a private email.]

Love to all and Piffle On!!

RF

1:00 PM  
Blogger Lioness said...

I WAS going to say "What a callous, callous man."

No I wasn't. Dian'as dad can only be... Diana's-dadish. Plus, it's always lovely to see I'm not the only one w the twisted sense of humour. I mean fabulous - fabulous sense of humour.

Oh I hope cub is resting well and so are you.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Lioness said...

Maybe Diana's dad could update? I hope no news is good news.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home