Friday, May 06, 2005

If I Were a Meme Maker-upper...

Skipping through the blogroll this morning, while watching Colin wait for the bus through the study window, I blinked after reading Gerah's blog and finding my name as one of the next in a meme tag. I find it rather odd that I should delight in these as I have steadfastly refused to continue any chain letters. Both the pen-and-purple-ink ones of my youth (With heart dotted "i"s, of course. Don't tell me you never went through that phase. It was junior high, for Pete's sake.) and the E-mail perpetuated ones of the present, were ended with gleeful cackling. "Take that, denizens of fate! I dare ye, gods of fortune, to rain down your worst! I am breaking this chain willfully and with malice aforethought!!!!!"

So far, I am alive and relatively unscathed.

My deep rooted suspicion is that I am delighted to take part in them as: 1) I get to nominate others to follow, publicly, and 2) it delays that inevitable day when I have to admit that there is absolutely nothing I have left to natter on about. That I reached that day 3 months and 4 days ago is irrelevant.

So, on to THE MEME!

As I understand, for this one, you pick 5 of the following occupations and complete the sentiment, adding an occupation of your choice to the end.

THE OCCUPATIONS:

If I could be a scientist...
If I could be a farmer...
If I could be a musician...
If I could be a doctor...
If I could be a painter...
If I could be a gardener...
If I could be a missionary...
If I could be a chef...
If I could be an archaeologist...
If I could be an architect...
If I could be a linguist...
If I could be a psychologist...
If I could be a librarian...
If I could be an athlete...
If I could be a lawyer...
If I could be an innkeeper...
If I could be a professor...
If I could be a writer...
If I could be a llama-rider...
If I could be a bonnie pirate...
If I could be a servicemember...
If I could be a business owner...
If I could be an actor...
If I could be an agent...
If I could be video game designer...
If I could be photographer...
If I could be a circus performer...
If I could be a spy...
If I could be a fashion designer...
If I could be a high school student again... (Gerah)
If I could be a clothing designer for very small dogs... (Diana)

THE PIFFLE:

(I have chosen to sing it to the tune of "If I Were A Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof)

(ahem)

If I were a Librarian, a diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle dum,
All day long I'd sit and read a book, giving dirty looks to all!

If I were a Farmer, a diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle dum,
All day long I'd play in the muck, wouldn't give a #*@& at all!

If I were a Writer, a diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle dum,
All day long I'd actually have something to say, more than just my day in blog!

If I were a Llama Rider, a diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle dum,
I'd sneak out to the field and ride her off into the sunset (to the Andes)!

If I were a Video Game Designer, a diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle diddle dum,
I'd never make a cent as my women would be dressed and no bigger than a C-cup, that's sure!

(Cut the music. Stop singing. Please.)

Now, the fun part: I choose Rozanne (who got me last time), as well as Jamie and Mojavi (because I am evil like that). Lioness, I hope you appreciate your absence from the list. Don't say I never did you any favors.

In further news, the mother bird seems to be back in the nest in the small fir tree on the deck and has laid a total of 4 eggs. She is a chipping sparrow. We'll see how many hatch. She seems to be gone more than she is there. These sparrows raise 2 broods, so it looks like the tree is not going to be planted for a while. She doesn't seem to mind when I water it, which I wait to do when she is absent from the nest. I think of her as a teen-mom and look out for her. The dog will not be going out via the deck for the foreseeable future. The mom-bird seems fine with us going out those doors, though, even though we pass within a foot of the nest. With her at the back and the house finches at the front door (the barn sparrows in the barn don't count as we rarely use it and don't seem to threaten them much) we seem to be hemmed in by birds and are rapidly running out of doors.

I am eyeing one of those window ladders you climb down when your house is on fire as a possible egress. Life in the uncomplicated country, my ass.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

I'm appreciative bcs I do have to study and need no extra incentive not to (couldn't deal w recipes for pharmacology, too many species! Am postponing till group study, gah! And must.study.immunology. Gah gah!)

(Oh, try technorati.com to see who links to you)ยด

I also dotted my eyes for a shameful but brief period in my life - and I could be a Librarian, absolutely! Nothing seems better right now. *sigh* Life in the country IS lovely! *drumroll w a bang*

7:25 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

L- Sorry for the delay in reply. Was knee deep in the garden all weekend. Lovely, lovely. So much to do! I can't imagine pharm for vets. It was horrible for just humans. Will check out the link, thanks.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Lioness said...

Don't feel you have to answer every one of my comments!

Urinalysis today. Very very sick animals, I'd say. Love my life sometimes.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Mojavi said...

Now I have that song stuck in my head forever haha.....

12:54 PM  
Blogger Rozanne said...

OK. I will put the meme in deep freeze and thaw it out at an appropriate moment.

In the meantime, I'll contemplate what I'd do if I were a bonnie pirate.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Mojavi- Good. I strive to be evil.

Rozanne- Please! Don't feel at all like you have any obligation to do this, ever. A bonnie pirate would be fun, though, parrot poop and scurvy aside.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to getting more information about this topic, don't worry about negative opinions.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home