Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sabatical

I know, I know. I suck as a blogger. I've been AWOL from visitin' and commentin' and all that. The digging and planting and weeding is nearly done. Well, sort of. Over half done. For now.

But! I'm off again for more conferencing and learning bold new things. Things like the human hazards of pesticides and herbicides and what to do if a farm worker inadvertently spreads some on a sandwich. And farm animal-to-human illness. And special farming community issues like what's up with Anabaptists. (I had to google 'Anabaptists'. Didn't know there were special farming issues with them. Still don't. Guess that's why I'm going to the conference.) And it's to be in glamorous downtown Springfield, IL!

A step up from Lisle, IL, I'm sure.

So, anyway, I'll be back around as soon as I can, probably this weekend, and I'll read every single word that you've all written, and leave finger-up-my-nose comments; but for now, I'm off for 2 nights and 3 days of fun and farm frivolity that is the agricultural medical conference!

Come on, admit it: You do wish you were me.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you're done, come on down to San Antonio for a week of drunken frivolity and CME...you pick which comes first. AND!!!! We have an 8+ month pregnant companion to serve as the designated driver to our each and every whim. (or until she falls asleep, whichever comes first)

Hope yours is more fun than it sounds like....and you figure out what the hell an anabaptist is.

Enjoy!

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh heh. me too lady. i'm way behind.

11:42 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

What the heck is an anabaptist? Is it worth Googling?

Why are your exciting conferences never in Minnesota? We have farmers!

11:31 AM  
Blogger listie said...

Have fun! Be sure to let us know what's up with the anabaptists.

I owe you a long email.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anabaptists are a medieval Christian religious sect related to the Mennonites. Check Google and/Wikipedia for more information on them.

They don't have a lot of good old Ferriss Fun. We had a Presbyterian Associate Pastor whose wife joined the Mennonites while he has our AP. Interesting....

The Ole RF-er

7:51 PM  
Blogger Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Um, actually, your conference sounds interesting! Can you please report back on it for the rest of us?

11:38 PM  
Blogger Dumdad said...

Have fun.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Well, actually, yeah. I DO wish I were you. That whole comparative religion thing, in whatever context, is terribly interesting to me. Do report back??? Please?

2:32 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Blood Sucking Bugs and 'farm animal to human illness'... you're giving me anxiety about my upcoming trip to the mid west.
Now I'm off to goggle Anabaptist!

10:00 AM  
Blogger karmic said...

Can't wait for you to come back. :) Enjoy your time away from blogging and all. :)

9:24 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Really? There really is a conference on this stuff? I hate conferences, but I LOVE this. I totally thought you were joshing on the Anabaptist thing, but nay. Hey, when my sister was in Peace Corps in Belize, she claimed to be an Anabaptist, just so she'd be left alone with the whole pressure to drink thing.

I'm all about the random sidenote, Diana.

Have fun, and learn good stuff about how chickens will put a pox upon all of us.

11:44 PM  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Yes, OK, I'll admit it, sometimes I do wish . . .

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home