Tuesday, December 27, 2005

What Snoo?

Back to work and groggy with sugar overload of the past several, well, weeks, honestly. Pity the patients. While I await the rooming of poor tragic souls coming to me to fix their ills, I will natter on about the ME things in my life. New ME things.

1) Cut ME hair the other day. For years and years, actually a couple of decades, my hair has been the same basic style, with a bit of spiral perm in the 80's or a bit longer after the kid in the late 90's. Bangs in the front, straight in back. But now, where it was long and straight to the mid shoulder blades, it is now layered and wavy and to the bottom of the collar! Ok, ok. Still the same basic style. Still with bangs. The Crosby Stills and Nash song, "Almost Cut My Hair" keeps playing in my head. (I think it is a CSN song but can't find it on the lyrics search site I use.) Look up "dull" in Webster's and find ME.

2) ME Dad has ended up back in the hospital on Christmas night, the old coot. Note to people: If one of your legs becomes painful and swollen and you have been doing not much of anything but sit on your duff because of all the falling from 2 stories and landing on your noggin on the cement driveway and spending a couple of days in the ICU, it is probably NOT your hamstring but a blood clot in your leg. A bloody blood clot that can break off and head upstream to your lungs and snuff out your life like a kid stepping on a bug. Look up "cat in a former life" in Webster's and find my Dad. Sadly, he is rapidly running out of the 9 lives he has apparently been bequeathed. So now he is hanging out in a hospital bed for the next several days, having blood thinners dripped in and blood sucked out. Fortunately, he is able to have the blood thinners as the BLEEDING in his brain from said fall, has not recurred.

3) Had ME a lovely little Christmas otherwise. I ate food that was bad for me, successfully cooked duck with pinot noir wild mushroom medley, and played with the small-handed and furry ones. The new digital camera came in time, so pictures could be taken for Dads-who-fall-and-clot. Life is too short to wait for cameras and pictures.

4) Learned that a kitten makes it challenging for ME to wrap presents, what with all the attacking of the paper and grabbing of the ribbons and actually diving over and over into the large, tall bag of stick-on bows. I didn't have the camera handy and was becoming rather cross, which was a pity because the shots I missed of the small kitten among the bows was alarmingly cute and I wish I could have inflicted such on you.

5) Instead, I did have the camera for our Christmas Eve day building of the snowman, so I got pictures of ME puppy in the snow. Apparently love of snow is universal among German Shepherds, at least in my "n of 3" study. See them here, if you feel like it. The snowman, himself, seems to have developed a stroke and is listing to the left, having developed a dense left hemiparesis and left facial droop. Looks like he could benefit from some blood thinners, too.

So,what snoo with you?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

1. If your hair was long and straight and now is layered and wavy, it is not the same hair style. So there. And you are not dull. You are delightful. So there.

2. I will keep the blood clot warnings in mind. Your dad is not allowed to do anything dangerous again because I enjoy his commenting.

3. "Dads who fall and clot." HA! You crack me up.

4. Just wait. I'm surprised you haven't had the attacking of the Christmas tree with all of the bright and shiny ornaments just waiting to be plucked like, um, ornaments. And making the bed is always a joy. I would have loved to seen the pictures.

5. Will be off to see pictures now. Can't wait.

What snoo? Not a whole heck of a lot.

12:03 AM  
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

1. You are not dull. And new hairstyles are good for the soul. It sounds new to me.

2. Oh no. no.no.no! IK hope he's better soon!

3. Isn't duck delicious? I'm partial to Chinese Pressed Duck, but its all good.

4. Two words: kitten envy.

5. Two more words: puppy envy.

1:43 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

1. Speaking as someone who has had the same basic hairstyle since my hair grew, I think it is good to stick with what you feel comfortable with. I bet it looks great!

2. Poor old RFer. I'm glad he's able to have the blood thinners now though. That is a good thing and he can get better ASAP!

3. Good food, digital camera. Is there more to life?

4. Too cute!

5. Beautiful pictures. So much joy.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Please keep us posted on your dad!

Luckily, while I was wrapping presents, my own 5 year old "kitten" was outside running around. :-)

1:17 AM  
Blogger moegirl said...

Your hair sounds very cute! Allison also says I need to change up my hair, but I still like it. Also, your sister says you and Charles never age and look like you did in college-which I believe. Also, happy b-day to the fashion god.

Sorry about your Dad, but I'm sure in addition to his feline lives, he has much good karma too and will fare well.

Your puppy pictures are too adorable. Really, like the cute center in my brain can't take it anymore.

As for us, well it was a nice Christmas. I'm off this week and love it. Now I need to win the lottery so I can pursue my life of sloth full time.

2:01 PM  
Blogger listie said...

I'm just starting to catch up. So,
1. congrats on the new hair style
2. Poor dad. I hope he's better now. I know from experience that blood clots are scary and painful.
3. I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I'm envious of your digital camera.
4.Oh, kittens; too cute for words
5.cute puppy pictures! (see above comment about camera envy)

Happy New Year

5:15 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Dana- Alas, while people at work noticed the new 'do, neither of my two close friends that I had lunch with did. I think that it is not so very different.

Teri- I have yet to have Chinese Pressed Duck but I'm game. I liked the Duck Soup better than the duck. I kept thinking of live ducks, which I am rather fond of, unlike geese.

Beth- Glad there is someone else with Minimal Hair Change. Nope; good food, digital cam. Works for me.

Cagey- Dad sounded great when I spoke to him last night. Will call him tonight, in a bit. Leg less painful, hoping his blood is thin enough to go home Friday...

Stace- Has your hair changed since I saw you last in 2000? You always had the most beautiful, thick hair I've ever seen and the cut fit both your hair and you. Glad Christmas was nice. Here's hoping you get some sloth in the new year.

Listmaker- I got the first camera as a gift and now can't imagine living without it, probably because all the grandparents would have killed me. When you figure out the cost of film and developing all the bad pictures, if you take lots of pictures, they probably save money. (Unless they break, possibly, well, probably, because a child dropped it, unbeknownst to me. ahem.)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Babs said...

What snoo??

Well I, for one, have just spent a LURVERLY 15 minutes on the bus, stuck behind a man who reeked of piss. Move seats you all say?? Well I couldn't walk to the back and sit there because an obviously high meth addict and a severely drunk man were fistfighting.

Hope yer Da is getting better as we speak and have a Happy New Year!!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Rozanne said...

1.I believe that "Almost Cut My Hair" is the tune that has David Crosby shrieking "I'm letting my freak flag fly!" Don't you love it?

2. Sorry to hear about the Ole RFer being in the hospital. My dad spent Xmas 2000 in the hospital. Not fun. I hope he's out by now.

3. Dinner sounds delightful and delicious.

4. Cats never grow out of the desire to meddle with ribbons and bows. Just so you know.

5. The puppy is tooooooo cute! I love how puppies always have such big paws.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Babs- I think our sort of wild life smells better than yours. And Dad may be coming home today, thanks!

Rozanne- Yes! That's the song! I was right! "Letting my freak flag fly." Glad you're back.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home