Friday, June 16, 2006

Haikus for CME

That's Continuing
Medical Ed-you-kay-shun
for the rest of you.

Must have fifty hours
each and every year or else
dire things happen.

What those dire things
are, I know not, but I don't
ever want to know.

So, dark and early,
Saturday, we pack up the
minivan and go.

Where? Ah. Yes. Some go
to Hawaii or maybe
NYC or Vale.

Me? Well, I'm off to
glamorous and envious
Northern Michigan.

Hey. It's mostly paid
for out of my yearly funds,
if we keep it cheap.

The place? Oh. A golf
resort. Do I golf? Uh, no.
Nope. Nyet. Nosiree.

Fortunately the
beloved Charles and kids will
accompany me.

Each morning, I'll go
and sit on my arse to get
a little smarter.

Then, I'll skip back to
the room and we'll go see stuff
like Lake Michigan.

Our long planned for trip
back to Portland to see our
family and friends

Fell through, so this is
it for this year's vacation.
Better than nothing.

So, we'll pretend that
the Big Lake is really the
Pacific, without waves.

We do get one bright
spot; on the drive home, we will
go annoy Gerah.

So, see you later,
alligators, we're hitting
the road with much glee!

Thought I'd leave you
all with these dreadful haikus.
See you in a week!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

Have fun, oh blah! But the lake doesn't sound half bad, hope you can survive your education.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

We just pretend the river way at the back of our place is a nice clean lake, and our summer bedroom overlooking our backyard is our cottage!!! It works for awhile...to make us think we're on holidays!

12:42 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

A week? Wow. Bring back pictures! Best of luck in the classes and hope you get more edumacated.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

A week without you?
It’s too much to take, don’t go
Cee-Em-Eee be damned.

how could you think of
leaving us now? We need our
daily dose of you.

(This Haiku shit is
much harder than it looks, how
do you do it well?)

Have a lovely trip
but don’t eat too many cherries
on the long drive home

Or you will surely
get stuck in traffic with an
urgent need to go.

You are stopping for
cherries, aren’t you? They grow a
lot of them in MI.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got all excited when I saw the title of your post---CME are my initials! Sorry your vacation is now work related, but it can still be a fun trip, though. Michigan is a GREAT place! You get to see Gerah's new baby? No fair!! Have fun, I guess....hee hee hee

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such an amazing and glamorous life you lead...hope the CME wasn't too much of a snooze and you are now even more brilliant than ever!

10:02 PM  
Blogger moegirl said...

Sad you are not coming to P-town as I would love to see you all.

I hope you have fun on your trip!

12:58 AM  
Blogger Rozanne said...

You could do worse than Michigan. Parts of it remind me a little bit of the Willamette Valley. Squinch up your eyes if you pass through the apple growing part off Michigan and you'll see what I mean.

Just trying to look at the bright side.

8:47 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

CME would be more exciting if it was held in Minnesota, say the Saint Paul-Fridley area? Oh well, hope you have/had a great time and pictures are a requirement!

12:59 PM  
Blogger listie said...

Have as much fun as possible while attending a continuing education thingie. At least the family can come with you. We'll look forward to your stories upon your return.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home