Monday, June 05, 2006

Ariella Was Here

You-all knew that Ariella was moving up to Madison, right? This makes her 'minutes' from me! (Well, 'minutes' as in 'less than an hour'. Not counting road construction. And tractors.) But close! Closer than Jersey, by gum. (Her blog recently had to become password protected due to a particularly virulent troll, so I can't link it.)

This week, she and her husband, Erik, were in Madison, closing on their new house, going furniture shopping, visiting home improvement stores and spackling the garage.

And, so she agreed to come over for dinner, bringing the naturally cautious Erik, with her.

(Erik, being a prudent guy, was appropriately leery of meeting somebody who publishes the drivel of her life on the INTERNET. Erik, being newly wed to said Ariella, was also appropriately leery of his bride meeting with somebody she met on the INTERNET. We applaud this. It shows good judgment. We also hope that the fact that I didn't meet them at the door with an axe, purely as a joke, was appreciated. It was tempting. Oh, so tempting.)

Instead, we had some beers and dinner and lots and lots and not-nearly-enough-4-hours-later-lots of conversation.

In short, Ariella and Erik rock. I also managed to make her forget her shirt, so I have it as hostage, guaranteeing we will get together again. Or she sends me her address so I can mail it back to her. (NO! It was a second shirt she had in case the air turned cold. It wasn't THAT kind of party. Sheesh.)

So, Yippee! For me! Ariella is moving within minutes from me, in a couple of months.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Ah! Blogger ate my comment! Twice! Evil!

I think I said something about how you're meeting all the bloggers and how it really is fun. Now Erik has further proof that you're not a serial killer.

I'm glad you clarified about the shirt. I did wonder at first.

2:50 PM  
Blogger moegirl said...

Wasn't Erik the one who referred to you as the "INTERNET FRIEND" ?

I think you should have run with the idea of answering the door with an axe...:-)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Beers, shirts left behind???

Crimeny! What a party you throw!

Seriously, though, if you're going to get people to strip, wouldn't the MEN be better targets?

(my word verification contains the letter, in order, "sxy." Blogger's trying to say something, I think.)

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a great time! I, personally, wish you had met us at the door with an axe. It's such a memorable greeting! Erik might have left me there to defend myself, however. ;)

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who'd a thought Doctor Diana was a swinger? I do believe Dirty Diana is going to have to be the new nickname....

And I REALLY think I would have had to meet them at the door with the axe, or possibly a chainsaw and hockey mask...but then this may explain why I have so few friends, eh?

9:34 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Beth- Wasn't it frustrating yesterday? Cursed Blogger. I like to think that Charles and I are so captivating that shirts get lost in the shuffle, but, sadly, it must be chalked up to a gloriously warm evening.

Stace- Yup. Except now he will have to come up with another monikker.

Teri- Smut-minded you! Dirty! See, Blogger knows all. Like a lazy Magic 8 Ball.

Ariella- I did notice that he drove, presumably so he could keep hold of the car keys.

Christie- Now, see, for you, I'd have gone and purchased said chainsaw and hockey mask. I knew Ariella could have taken it, but didn't want poor Erik to flee. We have so few friends out here, best not to scare them off.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Smut-minded? Me? How could you say such a thing?

I'd I'd like to reminded you that as my evil twin, this also goes for you. Or am I your evil twin?


damn blogger: now I've got the letters "syxy" in word verification. SHEESH!.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Teri- Clearly Blogger thinks it's you, at least this week...

6:04 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

All I have to say is that if stupid Blogger doesn't let me comment again, I will cry. It can't be stupid two days in the same week. That's wrong!

Lucky Ariella, getting to move so close to you and living in Madison and getting married. I am jealous. If only Madison was just a wee bit closer to Saint Paul and then you would never get rid of Beth and I because you are so very cool.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Rozanne said...

Personally, I think it would have been fun to take the mickey out of Erik.

You could have met him at the door in your dirty old man persona--you know that guy you're always mentioning who lives in the basement and never changes his underpants. The axe could have been the finishing touch.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Dana- It would make life much more fun if Madison were a few hours closer to you and Beth, wouldn't it?

Rozanne- Oh! Brilliant! I clearly wasn't thinking in the excitement of it all. *smacking forehead repeatedly*.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home