Friday, November 17, 2006

Abducted By Aliens

What the hell? It's been over a week since I last posted and I swear it seemed like only a couple of days.

Been taken off to the Mothership, I tell you.

They say that time seems to perpetually speed up the older you get. If this is how it is now, should I make it to 80, I will have to start my holiday baking in January. By the time I take that first sheet of cookies out of the oven, it will be Christmas, again.

So, to assuage my conscience, I will cobble a quickie post and throw up a few pictures to say that I'm still alive and definitely kicking.

Pictures for you

As you can see, the third snowfall, last Friday, was of adequate volume and wetness to make a decent sized snowman. Colin made his own but decided to wack it with a large stick, rendering it back into a large pile of snow, now processed. He then had fun perfecting the technique of rolling large snow balls, which he decided would be perfect as seats for all of us for the next several months. Snow patio furniture, if you will. (Well, snow middle-of-the-pasture furniture.) Sadly, it warmed up and our new set of chairs has now percolated down to join the contents of the well.

Drinkable seating. How environmentally recyclable.

Sara's party was nice and quiet, just the way I like it. Well, sort of quiet, if you call 2 highly sucrosed kids pinging off every surface "quiet". Sadly, next year, I will no longer be able to escape the necessity of The Party for her, either, and merely a cake, streamers, balloons, hats, and other decorations, along with presents will NOT be enough. She will have to have 'friends' and 'games' and it will have to be 'planned' by 'me'.

Poor kids. Their mom is such a whiner. I hate throwing parties. I suck at it.

As you can see, she chose a theme of Hello Kitty and Dora the Explorer, with lots of shocking Pink! and Purple!

My teeth literally hurt:

Pictures for you

The photo does it no justice, just amplify the decorations 5 fold and inject insulin straight into your bloodstream to counter the effects.

What is it with little girls and pink? Her favorite outfit is the pink shirt with the pink jeans and the bright magenta socks. Pair it with her pink coat and mittens and, Wow!, grab your sunglasses.

I must leave you now, dearest darlings, and continue to herd the mess that is my house. It's mostly upstairs, now, and heading to the corral of the kitchen and living room, where it will be finally dealt with.

Chop!

You see, my Dad and Cathy are coming tomorrow for a whole week of food and giggling.

See you in the funny papers!

Labels:

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been coming to appreciate pink more and more lately. Perhaps I'm having my second childhood already? :)

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until dinosaurs and horses. I wll not allow you to get her a pink running outfit for cross-country or track. Little girls are so incredibly cool and cute--not that I am a bit prejudice....

See you tomorrow. And I may even request a bit of electronic space to give a "hi-ho" to my Piffle-colleagues.

The Ole RF-er

1:02 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

That is a lot of pink. I'm sure Sara had a wonderful time.

We haven't had the snow that we can play in yet. I guess I'm okay with that, but will love it when it arrives. I want to make recycleable seating!

Can't wait for the great stories from your dad and Cathy's visit.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

Maybe the massive doses of pink will cure her from wearing it in great quantities as an adult.

Look at it as a blessing in disguise.

4:56 PM  
Blogger moegirl said...

Diana, you crack me up! Allie, too, had a "pink period" this eventually passed. The allure of pink dissapates by 2nd grade.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Hope your guests don't do "The White Glove Test"!

You're ahead of us in snowfalls! We're waiting for the second.

I loved pink too. My whole room was pink! Now? Nothin' ...except blush powder!

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, there is MUCH pink in our house, but I will not paint a little girl's bedroom pink. Gotta draw the line somewhere right? I asked my little pink princess (Lauren, who was a PINK kitty for Halloween) what she wanted for Christmas? A PINK Barbie, with a PINK dress and PINK hair!

Love the fact that Colin made patio snow furniture. How fun is that? But the fact that you had enough snow in November to actually build it in the first place?? Brrr...

10:53 PM  
Blogger Coffee-Drinking Woman said...

Ohhhh, that picture makes my teeth hurt, too...

Oh, and I hate throwing parties , too. That's why I cough up the big bucks to have other people run them...

4:20 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Karen- Oooh. Perhaps. And as it's your second one, YOU get to choose it.

Dad- I'll welcome dinosaurs and horses with open arms

Beth- Here's hoping you get some good, wet stuff at a time you can play with it, very soon. Because you will take pictures.

Rozanne- Oh, please. Let that be true. I will hold on to your thought as a balm to my soul.

Stace- You (and Allie) give me hope. Only 4 years to go. Maybe.

Ruth- Nah. Anyone who comes here with white gloves deserves what they get--very dirty gloves and probably a lost appetite.

Colleen- Now why doesn't that surprise me? Do 2 daughters multiply the pink factor by 2? More than 2? 2 squared? Lauren seems to have taken pink to a new extreme. Notice how I didn't even ask if Barbie came in that shade.

Teri- You are the wise, evil twin. I sit at your feet.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a whole lot of pink for me. But then if it was the singer pink we were talkign about that would be a diff story.

Have a lovely and safe thanksgiving.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weee! We went out for a walk after that snowfall and found that someone in our neighborhood had cross-country skied on the sidewalks! I wanted to do it, too, but everything was all slushy and it wasn't possible.

Thanks for the good vibes about the job. Erik and I are looking forward to seeing you after the Thanksgiving holiday.

2:40 PM  
Blogger listie said...

Ah, Sara is a girl after CD's heart. There was never enough pink and purple in her life. Come to think of it, there still isn't.

We got our first measurable snow last night. It apparently all fell on top of my car.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day she'll suddenly she will never want to wear pink and only wear black.

Gail

8:14 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Sanjay- Yes. Maybe I'll introduce her to Pink. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, yourself!

Ariella- Much nicer to have the snow than that awful sleet/ice stuff that it started with, eh? Don't worry, you'll be skiing for months. Have a lovely time in Jersey.

Listie- No-no-no. See, she's supposed to outgrow it! (whimper)

Gail- She looks smashing in black. Of course, she also looks smashing in pink.

9:37 AM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I like pink as well but I prefer it mixed with orange. But yeah, I can be somewhat girly. I learned when in Portugal that, unfortunately, you cannot mix and match different shades of pink. It just doesn't work. The time will come when she'll get that. Hopefully.

Glad the party was fun!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

As you say, "hopefully". And soon.

(Now, we need to talk about this pink with orange thing...)

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home