Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gone Fishin'

Bags packed?

Check.

Paper towels and plastic bags and fishing gear and more paper towels?

Check.

Molly's food, bowls, bed?

Check.

10 lbs of kitty food left out and all the toilet lids up (because she just won't drink out of anything else and getting everyone to remember to shut the lids in this household so isn't going to happen)?

Checkity, check, check.

Windows shut so we only come back to a wet basement and not a wet 2nd floor, what with all the damn storms stacked one on top of the other from Kansas on, all pointed straight at us for the next few days?

Oh, yeah, baby! Check!

Crackers, coffee, granola bars, other junk?

Are you kidding me? Of course check. That was the first thing I packed.

DVDs for the kids in the car (clearly I was born a generation too late, having to look out the window and play the 'alphabet game' with license plates and signs) and Harry Potter V on CD for Charles and I?

Check.

Destination directions and phone number of the lovely lady renting us a place on the lake in Door County?

Check-a-roo.

See y'all in a bit. Off to spend some time with just us. Then off to the second part of that agriculture in medicine conference.

Camera?

Check.

Kiss, kiss. It's been 7 years since we've done a vacation with just us. I'd say that's long over due. Over and out.

Check.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

You are headed to one of my most favorite places on the planet! So you're staying on the lake side, are you? We prefer the bay but almost always traverse the peninsula east to west and top to bottom when we are there. Maybe you will treat yourselves to breakfast or at least a slice of cherry pie at the White Gull Inn in Fish Creek. Or you'll wait in a long line to eat that meal that sounds like a disease but isn't: a fish boil. Truly it's delicious! Have a great time!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Dumdad said...

Have a great time!

7:39 AM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Your vacation sounds like a lot of fun. And gosh, do I ever remember the Alphabet game. Still play it sometimes.

Have a great time and I'm looking forward to the pictures!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh to be a fly on... a tree? I hope you all have a great-mosquito free- time!


I just re-read this comment... all of these damn cicadias must have me buggy!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Have a great time! Sounds like a great place to go.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Teh BF and I were talking about going up to Door this summer.

Have fun!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

ah lucky you! safari njema, as we say in tanzania.. have fun! x janelle

5:21 PM  
Blogger moegirl said...

Sounds splendid! Have a wonderful, relaxing fun time.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Lioness said...

Hmmm, fishing! How Anglo of you! I hope you are having a brilliant time, that holiday was long overdue. Nest stop: Portugal. You know you want to!

[All right, this must be addressed - this kitty drinking off the toilet thingy? SO VERY SALUBRIOUS! Have you tried a water fountain? Honestly, my skin is still goose-bumpey. FROM THE TOILET!]

3:22 AM  
Blogger Mother of Invention said...

You so deserve this! Have a great vacation!

11:42 PM  
Blogger listie said...

Have a wonderful time!

I've got many gardening stories to tell you when you get back.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome!!!! We dont take trips really, seeing we live in a vacation spot! Have fun!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Rozanne said...

Door County is lovely! I once took a solo bike trip there. So many peaceful back roads and farms. I hope you are all enjoying yourselves!

P.S. I guess my last comment was a little harsh. I have since dismounted my high horse!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home