Sunday, January 16, 2005

Drivel

Joke of the day from Colin:

Why did the snowman cross the road?
Because he had no guts!!!!!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Guess you not only had to be there, you had to be a 6-year-old boy.


Not so amusing if you are searching for value from your network viewing experience, shows are shrinking. Used to be if you were to sit down to an hour show, you got, in general, substantially more show than commercial. As I now have time, I am watching shows I caught incompletely or not at all. Shows from 10 years ago or so (early X-Files, Due South) run about 48 minutes per show on DVD. A few years later (Northern Exposure) they run about 45 minutes. Shows from a year or 2 ago (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) run sometimes as short as 39 minutes an episode. Now, since I run on the treadmill in front of the TV, I ask you is this fair? I mean, I run 4+1/2 miles 4-5 times a week to be able to eat my current allotment of chocolate, bread, cheese and red wine. What do they think I am? Some track star? I ask you! And they wonder why I no longer watch the networks themselves.

Sorry for the dearth of posts lately, really nothing going on. It is mid January in Wisconsin. It is booger-freezing cold. If it were otherwise, it would be newsworthy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home