Friday, March 18, 2005

Nothing Worthwhile. Really.

Move along, folks, nothing to see here, just a part-time working woman on her 4 day weekend, digesting her lunch and filling the internet with garbage, braggage, and whining.

You thing I'm not joking?

God, I love my life. I am kicked back, cuppa fresh coffee beside me, Sara down for a nap, house as clean as it's going to get this week. In 30 minutes I will trot off to watch a DVD while I put more wear and tear on the treadmill and, while I really don't care for the actual doing of the exercise, am still reveling in my ability to do it in the middle of the day 4 days a week. How do I love part-time work, let me count the ways. Nah, let's just say I did and leave it at that. Even I wish I were me.

Now for the griping. It snowed all day long, yesterday. Hard. Yes, yes, I know, I chose to move out here. I love snow. I swore to never get tired of it. And I don't, until the middle of March until it finally goes for good. This is our 5th winter out here and if it doesn't snow on Easter morning this year, it will be the first time. We don't even consider outside egg hunts for the kids anymore. So there, I've said it. I am sick of winter. I couldn't even get Sara outside to play today as I couldn't face putting her in all the snow paraphernalia after we went out earlier this week in just coats and boots. I blame all you I know and love in Portland, with your tales of daffodils and flowering trees and hiking in 70 degree weather. You have broken me.

Finally, for a bit of an update. A few months ago, I related Charles's fiasco with the INS. To our surprise, his green (pink) card came a couple of days ago. It is yellow. My faith in our government is restored a very little.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't Panic! This year Easter is 2 weeks earlier than last year, and 3 weeks earlier than the week before.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Dear Anonymous-

And, if the forcast is correct, this might be the 1st Easter we have no snow. Might. Thanks for the happy thought!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home