Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Shock and Awe

Message board outside one of the churches you pass when heading into Freeport: Christ! Still the same in 2005! I am not sure if this is a comment on the horrifying lack of change in the sermons or what. Something along the lines of what I scream in my head at yet another wretched mandatory meeting.("Noooooo! The same damn crap, yet again.")

Last month's message was also a hoot: Be surprised by the God of Christmas! ([Clutches chest in shock] AAAAAaaaaahhhh! God of Christmas, you surprised me! Don't DO that!)

I love this town. The only thing I can't figure out is if the off meanings are intentional or not. If so, the composer is someone I want to meet.

Finally, I would like to thank the God of Christmas for the inspired soul who thought putting seat warmers in cars would be a fine idea. Trust me, at -10 degrees in the 40 minute commute, this guy is a freakin' saint.

Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home